Monday, December 7, 2009

Weekly Email from Pathways

Dear Clients,

ATTITUDE is everything! It all started while I was watching the weather forecast, mumbling of course under my breath the entire time, "Average high of 37 degrees, average low of 25 degrees...really? How miserable is the weather!"

Then I stepped out onto my balcony several times last night, watching our new eight-week-old Golden puppy frolic, happy as could be! Meanwhile, the wind is stinging my face and I couldn't feel my toes--I'm pretty sure I wasn't very happy. "Stay consistent, stay strong, must endure (all apart of the potty training process)!..this week is not going to be a good week!"

On my way to work, I didn't have one positive thought, all I could think about was how much I hated the cold. Then I got to work and sure enough our suite was freezing! "I am miserable!"

Finally, during my lunch, seeking out any warm spot on our floor, I sit at a sun exposed conference table, then something happened. "This is nice," I tell myself. I got all warm and fuzzy, even caught myself looking out the window. "Wow, it's actually a beautiful sunny day!" Then I realize that I went from, "the weather is miserable!" to "I'm miserable!" but it didn't have to be that way--there is something good in everyday. Lesson learned!

So, stay positive and join us this week here at Pathways!

Job Search Support Group
Tuesday, Dec. 8th; 9-11am
Facilitator: Ron Ennis, Ph.D., CMF

Networking During the Holidays
Thursday, Dec.10th; 1-3pm
Facilitator: Ron Ennis, Ph.D., CMF

A little humor for your day: http://www.madkane.com/workingstiffed.html

Thanks Marilyn for sharing!


Cheers!

"Fake feeling good...You're going to have to learn to fake cheerfulness. Believe it or not, eventually that effort will pay off: you'll actually start feeling happier." --Jean Bach

No comments:

Post a Comment