Monday, October 26, 2009

Weekly Email from Pathways

Dear Clients,

BRRRRRRRRR, it’s cold out! I hope everyone had a lovely weekend and enjoyed the beautiful fall weather!

Hey, did you know that clients just like you are getting jobs? Many of you may not know, but despite the economy and the negative news reports, our clients ARE getting jobs! This is always inspiring and uplifting news, so we would like to share some of those stories with you in a “Success Story of the Month” starting this month. (Next time you are in the office, make sure to check out our Job Board!)

Success Story of the Month-October:

Rob Kennedy is the new Marketing Manager for Audigy Group-

“The one ‘thing’ that I believe most help me during this transition was interview preparation. Early in the Pathways process Ron had given me a list of around 40 questions regarding my accomplishments. The assignment was to answer each question with two separate stories utilizing the C.A.R. (Challenge, Action, Result) method. These stories not only assisted me in writing my resume but also became my primary interview preparation study guide. During my unemployment a lot of my important accomplishment details were forgotten. Studying my stories prior to an interview refreshed all of those details so I could confidently answer those “experience” questions effectively, again using the C.A.R. method. It really took a lot of the stress out of the interviewing process. Thanks to the entire Pathways team for helping me manage this longer than expected "transition"!

Congratulations Rob, and best of luck!
___________________________________________________

Here’s what is happening this week at Pathways:

Job Search Support Group
Tuesday Oct. 27th, 9am-11am
Facilitator: Ron Ennis, Ph.D, CMF

Interviewing Series
Wednesday Oct. 28th, 1pm-3pm
Facilitator: Jean Walker, Ed.D, CMF
Please RSVP for this Lab!


Hope to see all of you this week!


The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving."- Oliver Wendall Holmes


No comments:

Post a Comment